Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Ive got a E class MB 2011 Coupe. And when i drive slowly and

Hello. Ive got a E class MB 2011 Coupe. And when i drive slowly and over little bumps or manhole covers a rattling noise only appears. What is this please? And is it dangerous to leave it? How much to fix?
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
From the front underneath the car
Expert:  Matt replied 2 months ago.

most likely cause is a broken or worn out anti-roll bar link, this is a suspension part to help control the car body roll in corners

if this is the case you can carry on driving it as its not dangerous, however the car will fail an MOT test and they aren't expensive to replace so I'd consider just getting it done sooner rather than later

parts are about £25 each and allow an hours labour to fit which can be done at any garage

Expert:  Matt replied 2 months ago.

do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello Matt. Ive taken the car to a garage and the mechanic found a loose part in the front brake. Fixed it for now but replacing it next week.