Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

I have a Merc E-class 320 cdi avant-garde. A picture of the

I have a Merc E-class 320 cdi avant-garde. A picture of the car with an arrow pointing up stating visit the workshop appeared on the dash. Shortly after a warning came up stating the car was too low stop the car. The ride comfort of the car does not feel compromised too much. would you please be able to give me an idea of the problem (is it common) before I take my car to the garage ???
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** warnings are indicating a fault with the Airmatic air suspension system. The common failures are leakage in the system, usually at one of the air suspension struts or air bags or a fault with the air compressor. The shop will need to check the air compressor for proper operation and inspect the system for air leakage.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty