Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Mercedes ML 420 CDI 2007 W164 all running without fault for

Customer Question

Mercedes ML 420 CDI 2007 W164
all running without fault for last 10,000 miles
started home from work today and got est and battery alarm lights
engine didn't stop when ignition key removed
after half hour engine stopped
now wont start and electrical systems malfunctioning - lights and dash on/of with ig. key removed
interior lighting and dash activating when no key inserted
Interior lights coming on and off whilst no key inserted
multiple electrical system faults
please help
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that has to be done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a fully compatible scan tool that will plug in and can read all computers in your model here.Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this fault here.This has to be done with a scan tool that can plug in and reads all computers in your vehicle.

This may be a short in a SAM control unit needing replaced here or shorted wiring causing this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete