Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have a Mercedes Vaneo 1.6 manual petrol 2004. I was

Customer Question

I have a Mercedes Vaneo 1.6 manual petrol 2004. I was waiting at the lights when the car suddenly 'stalled'. I tries to restart and there is nothing, no sound at all..click or crank. All the lights on the dash are on and they don't dim at all. it has a new battery and starter a year ago, it full with fuel and I've checked all the fuses. the car will not bump start at all either..
Any ideas??
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This may be due to an issue with a component like the electronic ignition switch itself at fault.If the ignition switch is failing or acting up it can cause the stall out as well as a no crank no start issue here.It may also be a loose battery cable connection at or leading from the battery.This will have to be checked/tested further to locate which is the cause here and from there then repaired to resolve this issue.I would have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set as this will help diagnose the fault.This has to be done with a fully compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicle that can read all computers for codes.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete