Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Is there a built in soot control system in GLA 220d 220d

Customer Question

Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

the car comes with a DPF ( diesel particulate filter) also known as a soot filter

to my knowledge Mercedes does not employ the use of Eolys or other fluid injections to improve DPF performance so there' s no owner maintenance to do other than to ensure the car is given some hard work at least once a week to get the exhaust hot enough to burn off the soot

Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you