Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

The coolant warning sign has come up on my Mercedes 350. I

the coolant warning sign has come up on my Mercedes 350. I am intending to drive 250 miles over the next two days. Am I okay to drive
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is***** should not drive the car on your trip with the coolant warning light on. You should get the car to the shop to have the coolant level inspected and have the cooling system checked for leakage. You may find that the coolant level is slightly low and only needs to be topped off. If there is a leak in the cooling system however you can cause serious damage to the engine if you operate the car with low coolant.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am leaving this afternoon. Can I go into a petrol station amd pick up some coolant and put it into the car myself. What coolant should I purchase?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
what coolant do I need for my Mercedes ML350
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Marty RU still there?
Expert:  Marty replied 1 month ago.

Sorry for the delay I lost my internet connection. You should use Mercedes coolant if it is available. If not, you can use a universal coolant or you can simply top off the reservoir with water if it is less than a quart or two low. The water will not significantly reduce the freeze protection.