Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

My Mercedes A Class 180 D is 5 years old mileage 50k.

My Mercedes A Class 180 D is 5 years old mileage 50k. Mercedes garage has told me that a check of the automatic gearbox is required, cost £350+/-.
Is this a mandatory check, and if so why so costly?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is***** the transmission fluid and filter is a recommended service at this mileage. This should be done to extend the life of the transmission. The fluid is quite expensive and the procedure takes about 2 hours and that is why the service is so costly. If you untend to keep the car for quite some time I would recommend having the service performed.

Let me know if you have any questions.