Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

I have a 2002 SLK R170 320 6 speed manual box. I'm replacing

I have a 2002 SLK R170 320 6 speed manual box.
I'm replacing the manual transmission gear oil. I hear you are supposed to fil to the fill hole then drain 300ml off is this correct?
thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it state 1.9l in the owners manual, but I hear on the forums it says 1.6l, Mercedes reduced this, years after the introduction of the SLK
Expert:  Marty replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is***** normal fill level is to the bottom of the fill hole. Mercedes reduced the level by 300ml to facilitate 1-2 shifting when cold. Either amount will be fine. If you are in a warm climate you can fill it to the bottom of the fill hole.