Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

My 2005 mercedes sprinter 29000miles only will no rev over

Customer Question

my 2005 mercedes sprinter 29000miles only will no rev over 2800rpm what could be the problem?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Greg replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Expert:  Greg replied 1 month ago.

Any warning lights on when the engine is running .

Like the glow plug light ON solid or flashing, check engine light ?

Greg

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No lights on at all
Expert:  Greg replied 1 month ago.

Okay good ,check fuel filters .

Do you have a lot of black smoke come out the exhaust when you try to accelerate .

Greg

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When I ease off the gas
Expert:  Greg replied 1 month ago.

You need to checked the basics like air filter fuel filter as the engine is getting too little air ,

or too much fuel .If air filter is clean and no air intake obstruction then you are getting too much fuel ,

This could be a bad Bosch pump ,faulty injectors ,a bad or dirty air flow meter which is very typical .

First do a good basic inspection and change all fuel and air filters if not been done.

Clean MAF sensor with MAF cleaner.

And then have the EGR system tested this is also a issue to cause you your problem .

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i/we will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, iam not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback.