Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

I have a clk 220 cdi & after seeing an ad in the Mercedes

Customer Question

I have a clk 220 cdi & after seeing an ad in the Mercedes Gazette for FTC fuel pellets, I purchased some.
I dropped them in via the filler but now when I fill up with fuel the garage pump keeps cutting out. Can you tell me is there anything between the fuel filler cap & the fuel tank that could stop the FTC pellets reaching the tank & cause the the fuel to back up the filler tube.
Can you help?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 17 days ago.

Hi Rebecca, my name is***** than likely the pellets have lodged in the filler neck itself. I think you ill need to have the filler neck removed and cleaned or replaced if thy cannot get it cleaned out. If the neck is clear upon inspection you may need to have the fuel tank removed and cleaned.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Is there anything between the filler cap & the fuel tank, such as a filter or an anti syphoning device ?
Expert:  Marty replied 17 days ago.

There is no filter but there are restrictions in the neck for anti siphoning.

Expert:  Marty replied 13 days ago.

Hi, just checking in. Did you get this figured out? Was my answer helpful?