Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

My Mercedes 312D 2.9 automatic has started losing power when

Customer Question

My Mercedes 312D 2.9 automatic has started losing power when going up hill
and at speeds of more than 40 mph.What might be the reason and how can I resolve this?Roy
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 12 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This sounds like a possible lack of fuel due to something like a restricted fuel filter or weak fuel pump.I would have the fuel system tested to see if a fuel issue is found needing repaired.If a fuel issue is found this will need repaired to resolve this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete