Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have a Mercedes Vito 113cdi Taxi - 2012. When i put it

Customer Question

I have a Mercedes Vito 113cdi Taxi - 2012. When i put it into reverse or drive I get a big vibration and shaking for a couple of seconds and then it drives fine. This happens almost everytime i put it into gear and it has even cut out a couple of times. My garage have put the diagnostic machine to test this but no faults are showing.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 9 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

What I have seen cause this fault is the transmission/gear box torque converter itself.It can start to fail internally causing this issue as it can partially lock up when it should not be causing the exact feel and issue you see.If this was not checked into as a possible cause this needs done.If it is causing this issue ( which I suspect it is) then it will need replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete