Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

2012 mercedes sprinter 313 cdi T (tachograph) light

Customer Question

2012 mercedes sprinter 313 cdi T (tachograph) light illuminated in speedo cluster will rev until in gear when in gear will only drive at 10 miles an hour will not rev
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

With the light coming on in the instrument cluster the first thing that needs to be done is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a fully compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your model.Once this is done there will be at least one code set that will need to be diagnosed to then help locate and repair this issue here.This can be a fault with a shift solenoid or a sensor in the transmission possibly causing this fault needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete