Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

MY KEYFOB STOPPED WORKING TODAY AND WHEN I OPENED CAR DOOR

Customer Question

HI MY KEYFOB STOPPED WORKING TODAY AND WHEN I OPENED CAR DOOR WITH THE NORML KEY THE ALARM KEEPS GOING OFF AND HAZARD LIGHTS ARE ON CONSTANTLY NOW WHEN I PUT THE KEY IN THE IGNITION NOTHING HAPPENS CHANGED THE BATTERIES HOW CAN I FIX THIS
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is***** sounds like your car battery is dead. Try jump starting the car. If the battery is dead your remote won't work and you won't be able to turn the key in the ignition but the alarm will sound because it has a separate battery. It's also possible that your key is bad. If you have a spare key you should try that also.

Let me know how you make out.

Marty