GL ITCS
GL ITCS, Consultant
Experience:  MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCTS, MCITP
74092784

Unable to receive any emails in my hotmail inbox since my password

Customer Question

Unable to receive any emails in my hotmail inbox since my password XXXXX used by someone else. I was asked by Microsoft to verify details which I did and have since changed my password.
Please help.
DS
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  GL ITCS replied 3 years ago.

GL ITCS :

Hi there, Thanks for dropping by. I really hope I can help you out with your IT issues, quickly and efficiently.

GL ITCS :

When you say that you are unable to receive any emails, are you actually able to send any?

GL ITCS :

Also, do you get an error message come up at all - could you please confirm that you are actually expecting email as well, or perhaps get somebody to send you a test email, because I am also assuming you are able to log into your account as well.

GL ITCS :

To sum up:

GL ITCS :

1. Can you log in to your hotmail account?

GL ITCS :

2. Can you send email?

GL ITCS :

3. Are there any error messages?

GL ITCS :

4. Are you expecting email?

GL ITCS :

5. Can somebody send you a test to verify?

JACUSTOMER-a2n7ajih- :

1 No problems logging into hotmail account.

JACUSTOMER-a2n7ajih- :

1 I am abe to log into my hotmail account ,with my new password. 2. Yes, can send emails. 3. no error messages 4.expecting emails! 5. my husbaand sent me a test email last night and nothing came through. I am able to open my junk emails but not my inbox. Daniela

GL ITCS :

Hi Daniela, thanks for the comprehensive answers.

GL ITCS :

Clearly there is no issue with the actual account, and the very first thing I have to say is that if you are sending email fine (and I am assuming it is being received OK), then the issue is with Microsoft and Hotmail - as it is their account.

GL ITCS :

The easiest thing to do is to contact them and explain the problem, as I cannot possibly access their servers etc to analyse any logs or anything like that.

GL ITCS :

So I am suggesting you do that (could be painful and a bit lengthy, but just bear with it) and then once you know what the problem is, please let me know.

GL ITCS :

Because this is an internet email account, it has nothing to do with your computer or anything like that and is completely Microsoft's issue.

GL ITCS :

I hope that helps?

JACUSTOMER-a2n7ajih- :

I've been on the microsoft community web site and had no joy. How else can I contact them?

GL ITCS :

You will need to check out this link and call the UK support number:

GL ITCS :

Please let me know how you get on, and if you are successful, please rate me accordingly! Cheers for now. Gaz

GL ITCS :

Hang on, that link is not correct, please stand by.

GL ITCS :

Is there a link actually in the hotmail program, and have your account changed to outlook.com?

JACUSTOMER-a2n7ajih- :

No link for support on the hotmail.program and yes has changed to outlook.com bt still sign in as .....@ hotmail.com.

GL ITCS :

Ok, so you get the outlook.com interface then?

JACUSTOMER-a2n7ajih- :

yes.

GL ITCS :

could you please send an email to [email protected] and i will reply to it to see what happens my end?

JACUSTOMER-a2n7ajih- :

could you confirm ,you would like me to send you an email to the above account from my hotmail account. How will you get back in touch with me? Daniela

GL ITCS :

i will stay online here in this chat, and the email will go to my account in another window, so yes please Daniela, please send a test email to that account

JACUSTOMER-a2n7ajih- :

have sent email.

GL ITCS :

Received it and sent a reply to you.

GL ITCS :

Does it appear in the inbox, and if not, does it appear in the junk email folder?

JACUSTOMER-a2n7ajih- :

have checked Inbox and junk mail, nothing there !!!!

GL ITCS :

very odd indeed.

GL ITCS :

I think it is best for you to call Microsoft support in that case

GL ITCS :

(0)844 800 2400

JACUSTOMER-a2n7ajih- :

tell me about It. Is there someway that the account could be blocked?

GL ITCS :

No, because you wouldn't be able to send email, best to explain the problem to M~soft and they have to help you as it is their program. Please get back to me when you can once they have ironed this one out?

JACUSTOMER-a2n7ajih- :

will do..... have tried calling but are closed for the holidays unless your a business user. closed for home users. Any suggestions,really wanted to sort it out.

GL ITCS :

I get a lot of this Daniela, the problem is that because this is a Microsoft owned product, and it resides on the internet, it is down to them, and because it is free, their get out is that business users take precedence over home users (which is counter intuitive as they probably have more home users than anyone!). However...

GL ITCS :

what about trying to create an alias in outlook.com?

GL ITCS :

Please try this...

GL ITCS :

go to the little "wheel" top right and click on "more email settings" please

GL ITCS :

then "create an Outlook alias" please

GL ITCS :

then type in your usual email address (before the @ symbol)

GL ITCS :

and then use the pull down to select the hotmail.co.uk address please

GL ITCS :

then try to send me another email and i will respond to it

GL ITCS :

otherwise, you will have to wait until they open again next week I am sorry to say, or create a new, temporary email using gmail for example.

GL ITCS :

I have to break for a while now, please update me accordingly and let's hope we can get this sorted. Cheers Gaz

GL ITCS :

received and replied to you, any luck please?

JACUSTOMER-a2n7ajih- :

created an alias email in hotmail co, wants me to to confirm if new folder or existing inbox folder. have chosen the latter, Was this ok? will send email. Have also sent email to yor gl@ account

GL ITCS :

Ok,that seems fine, i got both the emails - i have to go offline for a few hours now, but will be back on later, so if you can keep me advised please?

GL ITCS :

Cheers

GL ITCS :

Gaz

JACUSTOMER-a2n7ajih- :

How can I contact you if I/ you have any further updates.

GL ITCS :

Just the same way you have now, simply respond to this, is that OK?

JACUSTOMER-a2n7ajih- :

Thanks. logging off. daniela

GL ITCS :

many thanks, good luck, cheers Gaz