hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Other
Experience:  I am a Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technican and skilled in the troubleshooting of Microsoft Office problems
40928634

I am unable to log onto my laptop. When I type my password

Customer Question

this comes up (The Userc Profile Service service failed the logon)
what can I do?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

This issue means your Profile Service on the computer has become corrupted, and I would like you first to do the following to try to repair this.

Turn off the computer.

Turn it on and keep tapping F8 until you see a menu

Choose Last Known Good Configuration

Let this complete and tell me please if you can now log in on the Laptop.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

this as not worked I did exactly what you said.
Shall I try again
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Its ok David, the problem can be caused by a number of reasons, so we need to eliminate the causes one by one.

I want you to do the following please.

Turn off the computer.

Choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt

When you are able to type, type in

sfc /scannow

Press enter and let this complete. When it has, type in

chkdsk /r

Press enter. It will indicate the volume is locked and to run on restart. Sat Y (yes)

then press enter.

Turn off the computer, turn it on and tell me if you can now log in please.

thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
my laptop is going through a file system check
so not on yet but looks promising
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, it can take some time to go through the files and resolve any corruption.

When it has, let me know if you can then log in please David

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi agailn Richard

sorry but still got the same problem
still can't logon
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thansk David,

Then the profile cannot be repaired, and we need to make another account

Turn off the computer.

Choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt

When you are able to type, type in the following, but in my below text, I am using David as the username and Password XXXXX the password. You can change this to what you wish.

net user /add David Password

Then press enter and type in (remember to replace David with what you chose above if you changed this)

net localgroup administrators David /add

Press enter

restart the computer and log in with this new account. To access the files from the old account, click Start, Computer.

go to C:\Users and click on the folder with the old account name.

You can access and copy all the files from there.

Let me know the results please

Expert:  hongkongpom replied 3 years ago.
Hello there,

This is another expert.

Are you using a HP computer? (If not then please skip to Solution 2)

If yes, please firstly try this:

Solution 1

Use the following steps to check to see if HP SimplePass is installed and to rename a executable file that may be causing the problem:

Restart the computer and immediately begin pressing the F8 key repeatedly.

From the Windows Advanced Options Menu, use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode , and press ENTER .

Click Start and then type truesuiteservice.exe into the search field.
Look for truesuiteservice.exe in the list of search results:

If truesuiteservice.exe is not shown in the results list, Skip to the next section: Step 3: Create a new copy of your user account.

If truesuiteservice.exe appears in the list of search results, rename this file to: truesuiteservice.backup

Restart the computer and log in.

Solution 2

If you don't have a HP computer, then please try to do a System Restore from safe mode.

Boot up your computer and tap the f8 key.

Select "safe mode".

Once booted to safe mode, open System Restore and see if you have a restore point available from just before this problem started.

Select this restore point and press ok.

The caveat with using System Restore in safe mode, is that it cannot be undone. You will not lose any documents or files that you have created; only any programme installations or programme updates that you have done.

After the System Restore is complete, you will now be able to log on to your account as before.

JustAnswer automatically sends a rating bar with my answer but only rate me if the problem is resolved otherwise please press the "reply to expert" tab and we will continue with the troubleshooting.