Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Why cant I edit or change an incorrect e-mail address in Windows

Customer Question

Why can't I edit or change an incorrect e-mail address in Windows Live Mail? This would have been dead easy in Outlook Express. Why change a good system for a crap one!
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is Jess and I am glad to assist you today.

Are you using Windows Live Mail 2012?
Also, are you using Windows Vista, 7 or 8?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm using Windows Live Mail 2012 and running Windows 7. I used to use Windows XP and Outlook Express. Both much easier to do what I wanted, not what some idiot in Microsoft's ivory tower thinks I might want..

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi Phil,

Thank you for writing back with that information and I am very sorry for the trouble that Windows Live Mail has caused you. Yeah, Microsoft really stirs people with their changes, I truly agree with you.

First, please let me help you on how to resolve your issue.

In your WLM (Windows Live Mail), click on the small down arrow at the top left corner of the page, then click on Options then click on Email Accounts.

Then you shall get the list of your email addresses. There you can click on the email address you want to change, then click on Properties button. In the dialog box that appears, you can then enter the correction to your email address.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) once you have all the information you need. Tips are always highly appreciated!

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

If you have any other questions, please do not rate my answer negatively. Instead, please ask me or reply to me – I’ll be happy to respond.

Best regards,
Jess