Jonathan Jewell
Jonathan Jewell, University Lecturer in Computer Science
Experience:  Qualified in psychology then converted to computer science. MSc Cognitive and Decision Sciences now teaching pervasive computing.
75936951

Cannot access Microsoft Office

Customer Question

Cannot access Microsoft Office
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hello Michael! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Was Microsoft Office working previously? Do you have Office 2003, 2007, 2010, etc.? Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or Mac computer?

Can we do a remote session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly?

Edit: It looks like you are away; please reply back when you are available to continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have Microsoft Office 2007 Language, M Word 2000, M Office, M Diagnostics, M Excel 2000 etc. (at least, these are all listed on my desktop). I have Windows 7 ; my computer is a new Dell Inspiron laptop.

All my downloaded files, ending in DOC, are now rejected, telling me that I do not have Microsoft Office. Earlier on, as I described, one such document did download, and I was able to print off the first page. When I tried to get the second to print, all disappeared, and from then on I kept getting the above message (this does not apply to documents ending DL.

Thank you for replying back to me. Please click on the website below, and allow the ScreenConnect remote program to run, then we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly:

http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=fdc7ee8f-aa1d-49d4-8c4f-026f11a7e52c

Edit: It looks like you are away, so I'm canceling the website link for now. Please reply back when you are available to continue. Thank you,

Expert:  Jonathan Jewell replied 3 years ago.
Hi Michael,

I hope you are well.

To me the problem seems to me to potentially be a combination of the correct path to the Microsoft software application and the file, and potentially the file associations.

This is pretty easily fixed - if you have installation software for MS Office. Attempt a reinstall and you should get three options - Install, Uninstall or Repair. Select repair and run the installation through. At the end of that, the problem should be solved. If it isn't, come back to me and we'll look into it further. But I'd be surprised if that didn't solve your problem!