Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

Hi, I down loaded windows 8.1 yesterday and now it is asking

Customer Question

I down loaded windows 8.1 yesterday and now it is asking me for my microsoft email and password XXXXX letting me onto the system.

I can not remember either and have lost the paper with the information on it.

Can you please help me gat back into my system?

This is extremely embarrassing.

Thank you so much,

Christopher Clacey
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 4 years ago.

Hello Christopher! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Have you tried to reset your microsoft account password XXXXX the website https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx?

But since you have forgotten the email address, we can reset the computer, and re-set it up.

What's the model of your computer?

Please let me know. Thank you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hp vision E2

Thank you. Please try this: Turn off, then turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key, about once every second, until the Choose your keyboard layout screen appears, then select the troubleshoot / reset option.

Full details:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03489643&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en#N775

; click on the section: "Recovery when Windows 8 does not start correctly."

Please let me know if there is still any issue.

Edit: Please let me know if you still need help with this. Thank you,