Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I am using Dragon Natspeak and it will not work in Word unless

Customer Question

I am using Dragon Natspeak and it will not work in Word unless I activate it in Addins. The next time I open Word I have to repeat the operation. I only use it only in word and do not want it to keep deactivating itself. Can you help. I have reloaded Dragon and reloaded Office to no effect.
Steven
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  GL ITCS replied 3 years ago.

GL ITCS :

Hi there, Thanks for dropping by. I really hope I can help you out with your IT issues, quickly and efficiently.

GL ITCS :

Can you please tell me which versions of both programs you are using?

JACUSTOMER-i3uceg38- :

Windows 8 and Dragon 12 which with update is 12.5. I hope you can help. Effectively every time I open word to use Dragon I have to enable the addin and just want it to 'self load as it used to do. Thanks

GL ITCS :

Thanks for the response, I would like to know the version of Word please - and in Word do you get an option to Always Enable if you go to File > Manage Add-Ins > Always Enable please?

GL ITCS :

If you do, could you please select it and update me?

JACUSTOMER-i3uceg38- :

Word 2013 in the Addins manage drop down there is no 'Always enable'.

JACUSTOMER-i3uceg38- :

Word 2013. In the addins manage drop down box there is no 'always enable'

JACUSTOMER-i3uceg38- :

Word 2013. In the addins manage drop down box there is no' always enable' facility

JACUSTOMER-i3uceg38- :

Word 2013. There is no always enable in the drop down box.

GL ITCS :

Could you please see if you can enable as per the image below?

Word 2013
Full Size Image

JACUSTOMER-i3uceg38- :

Dragon 12.5 word 2013 I await your advice

GL ITCS :

Sorry, I understand that, did you take the action as per the last image that I uploaded for you please?

JACUSTOMER-i3uceg38- :

Yes and it says there are no disabled items.

GL ITCS :

GL ITCS :

I am going to opt out of this question and let another expert deal with it, who has remote control to assist you.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

Can you please download one of these files (depending on which version you have of Windows). Run it and perform the reset.

Then restart the computer. re-enable the addins and tell me if they now remain please.

Click for Windows 8 File

Or

All over versions of Windows

Once done, check and Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I get the window you ask but it says there are no disabled items.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
The file is to reset Word.

did you download and run the file and complete the reset of word?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I downloaded the file in windows 8 and after running it was advised the problem was fixed. That must have been another problem because the Word Dragon problem still remains.

I am happy to give you access to try and resolve this problem if you think that would help.

Steven

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Not yet thanks Steven

Can you press the Windows Key + X

Choose Control Panel

Click Programs, Uninstall a Program.

click on Office, click change, then repair.

Choose the online repair

Once done, restart the computer and let me know if the addins now remain please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Followed the advice but to no effect I am afraid. The addin only works if each time I open Word I enable the addin. I have disabled all other addins

Steven

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, then it will be a compatibility issue.

We have ruled everything out.

Which version of Dragon is it?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dragon 12.5. It has worked on this machine when I got it 3 months or so ago.

Steven

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, that version is fine,

How long ago did it stop working?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Within the last 2 weeks

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, I want you to do a system restore to undo any corruption that has occurred.

To do this, close all programs.

Click Start, type in

system restore

Press enter.

follow the onscreen instructions and perform a restore from a restore date when it last worked (so before two weeks).

Once complete, test and tell me if the addins now remain please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry for delay been in meeting. I went to restore and I only had 30.10.13 which I did and then lost Dragon which I have since repaired and it is working but with the same problem in Word

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
I want you to reinstall office please.

But do it by downloading and running this file.

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9815935

when you have run it and office is uninstalled, restart the computer.

Then install office, and tell me if the addins then remain please.