Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

I have a new laptop with windows8.1. I have been trying for

Customer Question

I have a new laptop with windows8.1. I have been trying for days to open a microsoft account on it. Every attempt is rejected when I put in an E-Mail address. I am sending this on my old desktop.What am I doing wrong. I am on the point of going back to windows7!
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 4 years ago.

Viet -MS Office Tech :

Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

Viet -MS Office Tech :

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your new windows 8.1 laptop?

Viet -MS Office Tech :

Do you mean you are not able to log in / use the windows 8 laptop right now?

Viet -MS Office Tech :

Are you able to sign in your Microsoft account email address at the website http://www.outlook.com/?

Viet -MS Office Tech :

Can you reset your Microsoft account email address at the website https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx?

Viet -MS Office Tech :

Can you try this: press & hold the Shift key on the laptop's keyboard, then click on the Power button on the laptop's screen, then click on Restart while still holding the Shift key, then when you see a menu, then release the Shift key, then try the troubleshoot / reset option.

Viet -MS Office Tech :

It looks like you are not available to chat right now. Please type in the box below when you are available, then click on the Reply button in order to reply back to me. Thank you,