jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair
63323962

Suddenly I cant copy from Word and paste onto an email. Is

Customer Question

Suddenly I can't copy from Word and paste onto an email. Is it a problem with the mouse? Or something else?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is Jess and I am glad to assist you today.

Are you using Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8?
Also, what version of MS Word are you using? Is it 2003, 2007 or 2010?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am using 2007 MS Office Word

Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 years ago.
Yvonne,

Thank you for that information. Just to understand your scenario better, please confirm on this:
  1. Are you able to copy from Word and paste into another program like Notepad or Wordpad?
  2. Are you able to copy from another program like Excel and paste into Email?

Also, are you using a web browser like Internet Explorer or Chrome to send and receive emails?

Let me know.
Jess
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I use internet explorer and my provider is BT and my email address is Aol. The paste key doesn't scroll down when I try to click on an email no matter where I have copied from

Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 years ago.
Yvonne,

We need to find out first if the problem is caused by the browser. Please do this:
  1. Copy anything from MS Word (text or block of text)
  2. Then open your Internet Explorer and then sign in to your aol email
  3. Create a NEW email message
  4. In the box where you will type the message, right click on it, then click Paste. Or another way is click on the box where you will type the message, then press Ctrl+V (shortcut for paste)

Is the text copied from MS Word pasted?

Jess

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

May I come back to you much later with all this as I have to work now. Many thanks

Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 years ago.
Yvonne,

Yes, no problem. We can resume with this any time when you are available. For the mean time, I will post procedures that can help resolve the problem and you can follow them when you are back.

Best regards,
Jess