Pete
Pete, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Lost 5 pages of work!!

Customer Question

My tablet just crashed and I was working on a word document... I hadnot saved it at all and now it has disappeared. ... I am using a microsoft surface pro and windows 8 with microsoft office word 2013

Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.

Hi there,

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your MS Word 2013 question.

Even though your document wasn't saved when Word crashed, the Document Recovery task pane should automatically open on the left hand side the next time you openWord so you can get your file back. Click the arrow next to the recovered file in the Document Recovery task pane, and choose Open to view it, then select Save As to give the recovered file a new name and save it to your desired location.

To decrease the chances of losing your work in future, you should make sure that AutoSave and AutoRecover are turned on, and manually save (press Ctrl+S) your file frequently when working on it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This did not work.

We have now solved the problem ourselves having spent hours trawling the internet for suggestions we have managed to recover 4 of the 5 pages we had written, this was whilst we were waiting hours on an answer from just answer for which I had paid £35.

I think the site is a rip off, luring people into the idea that they will get an immediate answer whent hey do not. I will not be using the site again nor recommending it to anyone else.

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.

Hi Helen,

Firstly, I'm sorry to hear you feel that way.

Your question was submitted at 3.12am when very few experts are online.

I saw it and answered it as soon as I started this morning, just after 10am.

If I can be of any further assistance, just let me know.

Remember, your satisfaction is guaranteed on JustAnswer, and your £35 deposit remains in your JustAnswer account until you are satisfied with my assistance on this question, or you can use it for future questions.

Alternatively, you could request a refund through customer services.

Best regards,

Pete.