Pete
Pete, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Continuation page - MS word

I am filling in a job application form on word 2007. The "Work History" page only allows me to enter 4 jobs, but of course I need to enter my complete work history, which is a lot more. It states at the top of the page on the application form, "Please use continuation sheet if necessary." I cannot add/insert pages and altering page breaks does not seem to help so I wonder if this is a command of word's that I am unfamiliar with? 

I can e-mail the word file to you if that would help. 

Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.

Hi there,

The feature that should work for you to insert a new page in Word is "Insert - Insert Page". If this does not work for you, then you can email the file to [email protected] along with a link to this question page, and I'll be happy to have a look at it for you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Pete,

Yes, I tried that. The easiest course is to send the file to you. I'll do that now. Thanks.

Ray

Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.
Hi Ray,
I have updated the document. It has been heavily restricted by the original author, however I have managed to insert the page you require:
http://wikisend.com/download/645918/Job_Information_Pack (3) updated.doc
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Pete,

Yes, that's great. Thanks. Word is not really designed for this; it almost feels like the author was trying to replicate Quark/InDesign.

Quick question, was it easy to add page? Is it something a relative amateur like myself could do?

Best,
Ray

Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.
Hi Ray,
I was unable to add a page in the usual way as the document was restricted, so I had to edit the table layout.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Pete,

Thanks. Yes, I tend to avoid tables as much as possible, so I wouldn't have any experience with them. Electronic application forms are the norm now, not things like this. I'll use your amended file. That has helped a lot.

Thanks again for your help.

Best,

Ray