Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

I have office home and business 2010 installed since March

Customer Question

I have office home and business 2010 installed since March 2010. I have the product key.
Now in my outlook inbox I have a message saying that I have only 23 days to install office professional plus 2010.
I don't want or need professional plus and I cannot get rid of this notice coming into my inbox every time I open my outlook 2010.
What do I do to stop Microsoft pestering me with this notice. How do I permanently stop this notice coming in
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 4 years ago.

Hello Tom! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Have you been using outlook 2010 for a long time, then this issue just occurs recently?

Can you please click on the website below, and allow the ScreenConnect remote program to run, then we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly:

http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=3c637441-d5f5-4a26-a56b-1344f0440a47

Can you please go to that website in Internet Explorer (the big 'e' program icon), not Firefox or Chrome, etc.?

Or go to the shorter website below in Internet Explorer:

http://tinyurl.com/l2vxaz2

Put the above website in the address bar on the top in Internet Explorer, then press the Enter key:

graphic
, and allow the ScreenConnect program to download / open / run, and try any other option it gives you as needed. Thank you

Hi Tom,

I'm sorry, then Internet connection is too slow and it keeps dropping in & out. Can you get a good / fast Internet connection somewhere else?

Can you open Word program, then click on File menu, then click on Help, then tell me it shows Home and business 2010 or Professional 2010, etc.?

Can you close all office programs, then go to Start, control panel, programs, programs and features, and uninstall the Microsoft Office Professional 2010 item?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My situation is unchanged. I still have the same problem.

I'm sorry, did you see my last questions/ suggestions?

1. Can you open Word program, then click on File menu, then click on Help, then tell me it shows Home and business 2010 or Professional 2010, etc.?

2. Can you close all office programs, then go to Start, control panel, programs, programs and features, and uninstall the Microsoft Office Professional 2010 item. Then restart the computer, and check.

Please let me know. Thank you,

Hi Tom,

I'm sorry, your internet connection is not faster enough, so it could not connect with me well, so I could not help you directly. But I can provide written instructions you can try. Thank you,

I've checked your computer. Somehow Office Professional got into your computer, and you've re-installed Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010 on your computer on 21/11/2013.

- Can you go to Start, Control Panel, Programs, Programs and features, and uninstall Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010

, then also uninstall the Microsoft Office PowerPoint...., and Microsoft Office Suite....

- Then restart the computer, then download and install your office again, then check.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you. Got it. I uninstalled as requested, and then reinstalled home and business 2010.

This got rid of professional.

Regards Tom XXXX

Great. You're welcome. If you need anything else please let me know anytime. Thank you.