Josh
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

just loaded WIN7 enterprise but it wont activate

Customer Question

just loaded WIN7 enterprise but it won't activate over the net - error0x8007232B. cant find anywhere to enter product key or change the product key- help!please note this is a Windows 7 Query am I at the right place?

Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

In that case, you will need to activate the product over the phone.

Please click on the Start Menu and type: slui.exe 4 (there is a space between the .exe and 4) press enter

Select the nearest location to you and a local phone number should appear with a set of installation ID numbers that you will need to use on the phone.

If Automated Service is Successful
A) The automated service will issue you a confirmation ID number.
NOTE: Have a pen and paper handy to write these numbers down.

If Automated Service is Unsuccessful
A) If the automated activation service informs you that it was unsuccessful and cannot help you with activation, then STAY ON THE LINE and your call will be transferred to an activation operator who will assist you in activating your copy of Windows 7. If you get hanged up on while waiting, then phone back, but this time DO NOT respond when the ansafone requests which service you require (twice). This puts you in the queue to speak to an operator, and doesn't seem to time out so quickly. The operator will give you a confirmation IDnumber if they agree your copy of Windows 7 is legitimate.