Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  Over 10 years work experience.
30759776

I had help from Jason last week as I had lost Microsoft and

Customer Question

I had help from Jason last week as I had lost Microsoft and everything else, we reloaded Microsoft and when I run Recuva as recommended I lost everything. All I can use now is Internet Explorer and Webmail.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  jnayes replied 3 years ago.
Greetings.

It's difficult to determine what steps he took since he used remote access.

What I'd recommend doing is rolling a system restore to get your system back to a stable state. To do this, go to start > all programs > accessories > system tools > system restore.

Choose a date prior to when everything disappeared (there's a checkbox that when checked will show "more restore dates").

Finish the process, the machine will restart, and you should have your system back to where it was. If your original issue is present after the system restore (the one Jason addressed), let me know the specifics and what is diagnosis was on it and I'll try to address it from there.

Expert:  Jason Jones replied 3 years ago.

Hello again,

After formatting your whole drive and reinstalling Windows, yes, all was lost. That was done before I remoted in of course.

I suggested trying to run Recuva to recover your lost files.

Which applications can you not run?

- Jason