Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I am unable to complete the security form to retrieve my

Customer Question

I am unable to complete the security form to retrieve my hotmail email as I have no recent emails sent from me since the beginning of October when my PC stopped working and was destroyed. Therefor my most recent emails were senteither@ the end of slept/October. Also I signed in via "Google sign in" and do not know what my original password XXXXX I am trying to [email protected] on my new HP pavilion windows 8.1 and my mini apple ipad.I have now got a microsoft account and password, which I had hoped would let me go ahead and get my email back. Hotmail was linked to Outlook which maybe has made it more complicated. I do hope that you can assist me in retrieving my Hotmail address. Thanks Mrs Karal XXXXX

Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is Jess and I am glad to assist you today.

First, please confirm on few things:
  1. Is the problem or locked email account ending with @hotmail.com?
  2. Besides the locked email account, do you still have another email account ending with @hotmail.com?
  3. Have you tried the password reset to allow Hotmail to send a reset link to your alternate email address or to your mobile phone?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Its no my email does not end in? it is k [email protected] .ido not have passwor as I used to sign in on Google signin.my original may have been sunshine37 but that was several years ago.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Kate,

I am sorry but I cannot see the email addresses that you posted because our system show them to me as [email protected] for policy reasons.

So your Hotmail account is locked and you are trying to recover it. But you need to access your old Gmail account in order to recover your Hotmail.

Is this correct? So your concern now is more of recovering the Gmail account?

Regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my gmail. Acct. Is not old. It came with this phone in Feb.I have nt even used it till now . I am only interested in retrieving my hotmail email because of the files I saved eg France .ancestry etc
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Kate,

So you are trying to recover your Hotmail account. Have you tried to reset the Hotmail account? What happened then?

Please tell me so that I can provide you more procedures if needed.

Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi Jess .All I can say is that I am a novice at all this. I thought I could get my hotmail email back by filling in the questiares. But I think I came iunstuck because I couldn't remember what recent emails I had sent because I had not sent any since Sept owing to the fact that my pc bust.I got a mini apple .still no email and then got an HP which has windows 8,18which I am baffled by. Also NO email.getting pretty fed up after 3 weeks of trying!
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Kate,

I am very sorry to hear about your Hotmail issue.

I have to explain the entire process to you, I am referring to this recovery process of your Hotmail account.

When you forget your password, or when your account was hacked or compromised and the hacker changed your password, and you cannot sign in, the very first option available to you is to RESET your password. This is the very first option available, NOT only with Hotmail, but with ALL online accounts available, including other email services like Yahoo, AOL, Gmail, and others.

Now, during password reset, you will be asked to answer your security questions, depending on your security settings. This is to ensure that you own the account you are trying to reset. If you cannot answer your security questions, then the system thinks that you are NOT the owner of the account. Imagine if person A tries to reset the account of person B. The system does not know who is initiating the reset action. If person A resets the account of person B, and person A is able to answer the security question, the system thinks it is person B resetting his own account. If person A is unable to answer the security question, which is likely the case since he is not the owner of the account, then the system thinks he is a different user and locks the account to safeguard person B's account.

Now, if you are able to answer the security questions, most systems offer various ways to reset the password. First, is the alternate email address. This is the address that you set when you first created the account and it is very important that you keep it current since this is the easiest way to recover your account. When you reset, a link will be sent to your account, and you can then open the email and click on the link. There, you can change your password without having to input the existing password that you have forgotten.

Now bigger problem arises when you don't have access to your alternate email. You were able to reset the account, but the reset link is sent to an email address that is inaccessible already.

Start recovering your Hotmail account by resetting the password first. Here is the link to reset your Hotmail password:

https://account.live.com/password/reset

Follow the procedures on screen on how to reset your Hotmail and then you shall be able to recover it. If not, proceed to the other options.

When you are unable to reset, or when the reset link is not retrieved because of inaccessible alternate email, there is nothing more you can do but to submit the Account Recovery form to Hotmail. With this form, it enables you to provide an email address where Hotmail team can contact you and provide you a reset link since the alternate email address is already inaccessible. However, in this case, you need to provide as much information about your self and the email account that you are trying to recover to prove to Hotmail that you are the owner of the account. The results will then be sent to the email account that you provided. I believe you have encountered and filled out and submitted this form already based on your reply. But you can try submitting the form again.

To submit this recovery form, please click on this link:
https://account.live.com/acsr

It will give you a form like this:

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

There, first you need to enter the FULL hotmail email address, the account that you want to recover.

Then, you need to enter your active email address where Hotmail can contact you. In the box provided, you need to enter the characters, called captcha characters that proves you are human and not a computer bot, then click on Next.

In the next screen, you need to provide as much relevant information being request in the form. This will enable Hotmail to verify that you OWN the account you want to recover. The success of your account recovery greatly depends on the information that you provide here. The more information you can provide, the greater is your chance to recover the account.

Now, in worst case, when you are unable to RESET and you do not have enough information for the Recovery Form, the last and final option is to contact a Hotmail Moderator.

Here are the steps:

Contacting a Hotmail Moderator:

You will need to create another email address with Hotmail, because you need to be logged into Hotmail to contact a moderator. Click on the link below and sign up for a NEW Hotmail account.

Sign up here - https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx

Once you have created the email address with Hotmail, please follow the directions below:

Please click on this link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/hotmail/hotmail-support

In that page, locate and click on 'Your account has been temporarily blocked' link.
Then you will be prompted to sign in. This is when you need to sign in using the newly created Hotmail account.

Then in the form that you get after signing in, tell them you have completed the recovery form, and the password reset, but have been unsuccessful.

Make sure under ‘Enter the email address (Microsoft Account) affected by this issue:‘ you give them the email address that is blocked.

Under ‘Enter your contact email address:' you give them an email address you have access to; like the Hotmail you just created.

They will respond in 24-72 hours, depending on how many requests they have waiting in queue before yours.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

Register Here

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ii
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Kate,

How is it going? Did my answer help? Were you able to reset your password? Or were you able to submit the recovery request to the hotmail moderator using the steps I gave you?

Please let me know so that I can help you further if you still need assistance. Your last post or reply was "Ii ". Any problem with our site?

Jess