jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair
63323962

Please help me unblock my windowslive email account. I have

Customer Question

Please help me unblock my windowslive email account. I have been trying for 2 weeks now. I get no response to the sign in code request. I get no response when I complete the special questions etc. etc. This is awful and seems to happen periodically and co-incides with MS changing/updating their software/system etc! I have set up another Outlook account and am waiting for a response. I also set up a yahoo account. Can you help me. I am honestly greatly disappointed in MS support. Loraine Barron
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  KamilAnwar1 replied 2 years ago.

KamilAnwar1 :

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Kamil Anwar and i will do my best to assist you.

KamilAnwar1 :

Can you tell me if you are experiencing problems with all of your email accounts?

JACUSTOMER-ixd0vf01- :

I don't use other account. I only set up alternative so that they can send a reset pasword _- or whatever they do.

KamilAnwar1 :

They can only send a reset password to the account which was specified when the original account was created.

KamilAnwar1 :

Could you tell me what your windows live email address is?

JACUSTOMER-ixd0vf01- :

this is what I was asked to do when I tried to sign into my account but please what is your advice?

KamilAnwar1 :

There is another way which is to reset the password by providing answer to the secret questions. Let me take a look at it. Can you tell me what your email address is?

KamilAnwar1 :

Let me check

JACUSTOMER-ixd0vf01- :

did you not read my problems when your site requested? Also I am intreaged as to why I had another advisor and then suddenly it changed to you??!

KamilAnwar1 :

The way it works is that when you ask a question, it is sent to a number of experts and one of the experts depending on their availability picks it.

JACUSTOMER-ixd0vf01- :

ok can we get down to how you get my account unblocked

KamilAnwar1 :

Can you tell me which of the addresses do you have access to right now:

Email lo***** @ yahoo.com
Email lo***** @ yahoo.com
Email ri***** @ outlook.com
JACUSTOMER-ixd0vf01- :

I think all of these have expired as I have not used them - not sure. I have just set up a new one do you want that one

KamilAnwar1 :

They do not expire and can be reactivated. The new one will not work, only the ones specified at Microsoft (when this account was created can be used to get the password).

KamilAnwar1 :

Do you know those complete addresses marked by **? And is there a password you remember you may have used?

JACUSTOMER-ixd0vf01- :

no I don't have password. Why will the new one not work when the site advised my to set up another on>?

KamilAnwar1 :

What is the new one's address?

KamilAnwar1 :

Please type it here

JACUSTOMER-ixd0vf01- :

[email protected]

KamilAnwar1 :

Please type it by giving a space before and after the @ sign

JACUSTOMER-ixd0vf01- :

why

KamilAnwar1 :

This sites filters and hide the email address when they are typed without space.

JACUSTOMER-ixd0vf01- :

ritchielbarron @ outlook.com

KamilAnwar1 :

Can you now login to this email address "ritchielbarron @ outlook.com"

KamilAnwar1 :

And see if there is a new email with a security code?

JACUSTOMER-ixd0vf01- :

sign in where _ windows? I'm sorry but this is not inspiring me

KamilAnwar1 :

It is a procedure that we need to follow to get the password. I am an independent IT support technician and doing my best to help you get the problem resolved. The information we have is limited, and we have to follow the procedures in place by Microsoft to get the password.

KamilAnwar1 :

Sign in to this email address -> ritchielbarron @ outlook.com

KamilAnwar1 :

It seems to be the one linked with your Windowslive.com account

JACUSTOMER-ixd0vf01- :

ok but if I have to go the ms sign in will I lose you?

KamilAnwar1 :

You can do that in a new tab, hold the ctrl key on your keyboard and press T to open a new tab.

KamilAnwar1 :

You can then switch between the tabs by clicking on it.

JACUSTOMER-ixd0vf01- :

I am already signed into that address

KamilAnwar1 :

Okay. Can you check and tell me if there is an email from windows live mail containing a security code?

JACUSTOMER-ixd0vf01- :

in ritchielbarron?

KamilAnwar1 :

Yes

JACUSTOMER-ixd0vf01- :

ok

JACUSTOMER-ixd0vf01- :

there are only 2 emails from you

KamilAnwar1 :

Do you mean from JustAnswer?

JACUSTOMER-ixd0vf01- :

yes

KamilAnwar1 :

That's not the one, this one should be from Windows Live.

KamilAnwar1 :

It appears to me that this email address is not on file with Microsoft, the ones they have on file are the ones we do not have access to.

KamilAnwar1 :

I will need to submit a request for them to contact you by email manually outside the automated procedure.

KamilAnwar1 :

Can you tell me your best email address where they can contact you?

KamilAnwar1 :

Should i give them this one?

ritchielbarron @ outlook.com

JACUSTOMER-ixd0vf01- :

why can it not be with them I am looking at it I have had emails from them This is more confusing than dealing direct with MS support! Can I ask what your relationship with MS is please

KamilAnwar1 :

I am an independent IT support technician, we have no relation with MS. You asked a question on www.justanswer.co.uk

KamilAnwar1 :

And i am assisting you with that question - But if you beleive that you should be in touch with MS directly then i would recommend contacting them through their website.

JACUSTOMER-ixd0vf01- :

I can only say that I was mislead with your site which popped up while dealing with my problem and there was no mention of pay for this support on your first screen. It then appeared that after being contacted by one advisor it switched to you - very strange but now that I have invested money for this advice I will continue. You stated that this would be quick and simple!

JACUSTOMER-ixd0vf01- :

the best email address is the one above what can I say?

KamilAnwar1 :

I know you won't like my answer but this will not be quick since you do not have access to the alternate emails (that were setup) when you created lorainerbarron @ windowslive.com

KamilAnwar1 :

So what now needs to be done, is to provide additional information to Microsoft so they can look into the issue manually outside of the automated procedure.

JACUSTOMER-ixd0vf01- :

so does this mean you cannot help me?

KamilAnwar1 :

I am helping you and you will have the account back, but not quick.

KamilAnwar1 :

You need to fill out a form, then wait for Microsoft to contact you.

JACUSTOMER-ixd0vf01- :

so what will you do to achieve this?

KamilAnwar1 :

To do that, please Click Here

KamilAnwar1 :

Fill the form, click submit at the end. Provide all your information (that is your personal info) which i cannot provide, so you need to type it.

JACUSTOMER-ixd0vf01- :

and then what and can you be more specific to where I fill out this form

KamilAnwar1 :

CLICK HERE

KamilAnwar1 :

Form should automatically open.

JACUSTOMER-ixd0vf01- :

ok I have come to question where I have to answer 'other passwords for this account' but which email address?

KamilAnwar1 :

lorainerbarron @ windowslive.com

KamilAnwar1 :

Type any password you remember, they do not have to be exact.

JACUSTOMER-ixd0vf01- :

I have done this many times before I contacted you and then they ask for an alternative account so they can email me. This is why I had to set up the new address as my previous ones had been rendered inactive for too long

JACUSTOMER-ixd0vf01- :

this is going round in circles.

KamilAnwar1 :

I have already provided the email address where they will contact you which is ritchielbarron @ outlook.com

KamilAnwar1 :

You only have to fill out the form and wait their response.

JACUSTOMER-ixd0vf01- :

and how long before they contact me would you say

JACUSTOMER-ixd0vf01- :

and if it is days or even tomorrow. How do I get back to you personally?

KamilAnwar1 :

You can log back in to JustAnswer and Click My Questions then Click on this question and reply me from here.

JACUSTOMER-ixd0vf01- :

ok

KamilAnwar1 :

We have to keep in mind at least 7 days.

KamilAnwar1 :

I am estimating 3-4 days, but we should keep 7 days.

JACUSTOMER-ixd0vf01- :

You mean it can take 7 days for them to answer??

KamilAnwar1 :

That's the maximum.

JACUSTOMER-ixd0vf01- :

ok I will give it a try Can I ask where you are based Kamil

KamilAnwar1 :

I am based in UK.

JACUSTOMER-ixd0vf01- :

Ok Kamil. Thank you for your help so far. I take I do not have to spend any more money?

KamilAnwar1 :

That's correct.

KamilAnwar1 :

You are welcome, you do not have to pay anymore to anyone.

JACUSTOMER-ixd0vf01- :

thank you and good night will contact you soon. Loraine Barron

KamilAnwar1 :

You are welcome. Take Care, sleep well and have a good weekend.