Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I cannot run my computere I get a mesage to say i have a script

Customer Question

I cannot run my computere I get a mesage to say i have a script error
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is Jess and I am glad to assist you today.

Can you please elaborate the problem further? Which is not running? Is it the computer not working at all? Or only a certain program that is not working, like Internet Explorer when browsing the internet?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the problem occours when i try to run internet explorer

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Leonard,

Thank you for writing back. So this is an issue with your Internet Explorer browser. Is this happening only when viewing a certain or few specific websites?

Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it happens on all webb sites

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Leonard,

Thank you for that information. So it appears that the problem is with your Internet Explorer and not the websites that you are trying to visit.

In this case, I highly recommend resetting your Internet Explorer settings to default. Here are the steps:
  1. Exit all other open programs or windows
  2. Launch Internet Explorer
  3. Click on Tools menu. (If the menu bar is not shown, press the ALT key then the menu bar shall show up.)
  4. Click on Internet Options
  5. In the Internet Options dialog box that opens, click the Advanced tab
  6. Under Reset Internet Explorer settings, click Reset.
  7. Then in the message that pops up, click Reset button again to confirm the action.
  8. When Internet Explorer finishes resetting the settings, click Close in the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box.
  9. Start Internet Explorer again.
Source: http://www.technicalforum.org/how-tos/how-reset-internet-explorer

After restting your Internet Explorer settings to default, now you shall be able to access the internet and the websites that you desire to visit.

Another good option for you is to use a better alternate web browser. I highly recommend the one I am using for more than 10 years now. I al referring to Mozilla Firefox.

Firefox is a better alternative browser for Internet Explorer since Internet Explorer is a buggy web browser. When Internet Explorer is faulty, at least, you can still access the internet using Firefox.

Firefox is free and a faster web browser. You can get Firefox using this link:

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

I hpe that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi Leonard,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you need further assistance with this, please don't hesitate to let me know, I am here to help.

Best regards,
Jess