Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

My start screen on my laptop has set itself to 90 degree screen

Customer Question

My start screen on my laptop has set itself to 90 degree screen rotation after my cat walked over the keyboard. How do I set it back to horizontal? (Windows 8)
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.

Jess M. :

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is Jess and I am glad to assist you today. Please tell me when you are ready for chat....

Jess M. :

In order to restore the screen, you need to press the following keyboard keys:
Ctrl+Alt+Arrow Key

Jess M. :

In your case, since the screen is rotated 90 degrees, to restore it to normal, press CTRL + ALT + Up arrow key.

Jess M. :

That means when you are in the rotated screen, press CTRL key and hold it, press Alt and hold it, and then press the Up arrow key and then release the 3 keys. That should restore the rotated screen back to normal

Jess M. :

I hope that helped. If you need further assistance, please let me know so that I can help you further.

Jess M. :

Pressing CTRL+ALT+Arrow key will rotate your screen and if you want to restore it, just press Ctrl+Alt+Arrow again where the arrow key direction determines the direction of the rotation.....

Jess M. :

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess