jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair
63323962

I have just recently purchased a new computer with windows

Customer Question

I have just recently purchased a new computer with windows 8, and I downloaded Office on a months trial. When I try to print a document it comes up with an error message "Microsoft excel has stopped working..........windows is looking for a solution, however it just closes Office. I am now getting a renewal notice for Feb 1st but although I want to renew I am concerned that it might not solve the issues I am currently getting.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  ChrisC replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my name is Chris and welcome to JustAnswer!

There could be several reasons behind your inability to print, but let's try something. This will give us some more information about what the problem may be.

What I want you to do is see if it will print when the application is in safe mode, so follow these steps:

1. Close Excel if it is open.
2. Hold down the Windows Key (two keys to the left of the space bar) and press the R key. This should bring up your Run box.
3. In the Run box, type in excel.exe /safe and hit OK. (Note the space between exe and the /.) This should bring up Excel in Safe Mode.
4. Try to print from Excel.

Let me know if you are able to print from Safe Mode. You can reply back to me via the "Reply to Expert" tab.