Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

hello, i recently purchased a toshiba tablet, with windows

Customer Question

hello,
i recently purchased a toshiba tablet, with windows 8 on it
i opened an account with microsoft.entered a email address & password, wrote them down
on a piece of paper to remind me but unfortunately my little son lost it, is there any way i can delete or regain them and start again
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 3 years ago.

Viet -MS Office Tech :

Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

Viet -MS Office Tech :

I'm sorry about the issue. You can try to reset the microsoft account / email address password XXXXX the website: https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx

Viet -MS Office Tech :

However, you can just reset the laptop, and start over again; please try the following:

Viet -MS Office Tech :

- At the login screen on the tablet, press & keep holding the Shift key (if you use the on-screen keyboard, then tap on the Shift key), then select the Power icon, then select Restart, then wait until a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key, then select the option troubleshoot / reset... option when prompted. Please let me know. Thank you,

Viet -MS Office Tech :

Note: if needed: if you do not have a keyboard on the toshiba tablet, then turn off the tablet, then connect a USB keyboard to the tablet temporarily, then turn on the tablet, and try my suggestion.

Viet -MS Office Tech :

It looks like you are away; please reply back at the box below when you are available to continue. Thank you,

Hi James,

Please reply at the box below when you are available to continue.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for your help,

but it.s not helped me, i still cannot find a solution,

regards....

Hi James,

I'm sorry; I will continue to help you. Are you stuck at any step? Do you see a similar login screen like the image below:

graphic

Can you please let me try my exact suggestion below, then let me know what exactly happens?

1. At the login screen, press & keep holding the Shift key.
  2. Select Power icon on the screen, then select Restart.
  3. Wait until a menu appears, then release the Shift key.
  4. Do you see a menu or something different than the login screen?

Please see the video instructions at the website below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8v9EPcBuiE

Don't worry, we guarantee our service.Please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so I can help further if there is still any issue. Thank you,