jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair
63323962

Hello This is an excel question: I am trying to perform 3

Customer Question

This is an excel question:
I am trying to perform 3 action

1st - When cell D13 is 0 then I want 2 check boxes to appear at B43 & B44, and then when it is greater than 0 for them to disappear (I assume this might be by hiding rows like the action below)

2nd - When check box 1 is ticked then I need row 14 and 19 to hide and when unchecked for the rows to appear

3rd - When check box 2 is ticked I need cells K3,K4 and K5 to be unlocked from the protection tab, and when unchecked for them to lock again

I hope the above makes sense as at the moment I don't even know how to put the checkboxes on the sheet and have been meaning to do this for months.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello there,

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you and refund your deposit.

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would like to wait please.

Would it help if I broke the question up?

I have also noticed that question I posed six months ago got answered a lot quicker than in the last few months. Is there a reason behind this?

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for replying.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

If you decide on a refund, or wish to keep the credit for a future question, then of course we'd honour it.

Adam

Expert:  AAATom replied 3 years ago.
Hello!

I am sorry that you had to wait this long for a response.
The reason behind this is that answers you are looking for are not at the level of information and require more work than just writing a response - and the value of this question can hardly cover that.

It occurred to me that you might not be aware of it so I thought I may give you an idea what would be needed to make your requested features work.

Basically, what you are trying to accomplish requires a macro (VBA code). That is about an hour of work for a programmer.

I am not really allowed to discuss the price but I noticed that this question has already been reported as "underpriced". You probably missed the email explaining it.
There are two ways to overcome that - you can increase the value of the question or you can offer a good bonus.

Please let me know if this would be an acceptable solution for you.

Tom