michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Indept expertise on MS Office package
26798893

My laptop runs on Windows 8 and operates Home & Business 2013.

Customer Question

My laptop runs on Windows 8 and operates Home & Business 2013. I cannot move my outlook from 'Working Offline' even clicking in 'send & receive' and Offline does not change it. I suspect the problem is with synchronizing authorized folders because I get loads of error messages in my email folders column.

Please help
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  michelleclive replied 3 years ago.

michelleclive :

Hi there, I am Michelle, and i am licensed computer professional i see you are asking about Microsoft Outlook email, i think i can help you as i have overall 9 years of experience in this area and have helped hundreds of customers in fixing there problems.

michelleclive :

Let me know when you would be online to chat.

JACUSTOMER-7z0rxr7z- :

Hi Michelle

JACUSTOMER-7z0rxr7z- :

Back on line - would welcome your help

michelleclive :

I believe your outlook is not configured to your isp settings that is why you might be having a problem of send and receive however if you can tell me your internet service provider i can help you check the pop3 server settings to get smooth send and receive email without a problem.

JACUSTOMER-7z0rxr7z- :

Hi Michelle - My service provider is BT internet.com

michelleclive :

Thanks for the update, please let me know when you are ready i am online and will wait for your reply.

JACUSTOMER-7z0rxr7z- :

Hi I'm online now

JACUSTOMER-7z0rxr7z- :

Hi Michelle - my problem with offline working is still the same. Since our last conversation I have tried restoring to a point before I had the problem but no change. I have also checked all my bt settings for incoming and outgoing and have un-installed and re-installed the accounts but nothing changes. I remain convinced that it is linked to the sync centre but I know nothing!

JACUSTOMER-7z0rxr7z- :

Saly

michelleclive :

Hi Saly please give me some time i will get back to you as i am on a remote session with another customer.

michelleclive :

Please allow me half hour i will do a remote access and will check the problem and setting to make it work.

michelleclive :

michelleclive :

Hi saly i am back and available for you now.

michelleclive :

please let me know when you are ready, waiting for you reply. Thanks.

JACUSTOMER-7z0rxr7z- :

I'm ready

michelleclive :

what is the version of your outlook you are using?

JACUSTOMER-7z0rxr7z- :

Operating system - Windows 8 and running Office Home & Business 2013

michelleclive :

now tell me the last part or the end part of your email, dont give your full email address i just need the end part example @gmail.com or bt.com or .net

JACUSTOMER-7z0rxr7z- :

@btinternet.com

michelleclive :

Thanks and give me few mins i will give you the setting to check and enter

michelleclive :

your email is BT Mail and not BT Yahoo Mail is that correct.

JACUSTOMER-7z0rxr7z- :

Yes correct

michelleclive :

open outlook 2013

michelleclive :

Click on tools menu and then select options

michelleclive :

are you there.

JACUSTOMER-7z0rxr7z- :

Yes still here awaiting instruction after select options

michelleclive :

Click on mail setup tab on the top and select email account.

michelleclive :

you will see your email address in the box double click on it to open more settings.

michelleclive :

check the entries Name and email address must be correct

JACUSTOMER-7z0rxr7z- :

When I open Outlook there is no tools tab. On my computer the settings are on the right swipe action.In there the settings are:

michelleclive :

press Alt and F key together

michelleclive :

it will show you on the top

JACUSTOMER-7z0rxr7z- :

sorry pressed to soon. Setting are:- Outgoing mail - mail.btinternet.com - 25 and incoming mail.btinternet.com -110

michelleclive :

do you want me to do a remote access and check the settings and enter the missing setting to make the email work.

JACUSTOMER-7z0rxr7z- :

yes OK

michelleclive :

Click the Link above

1) Click Join
2) Click Run/OK/Yes/Allow if asked
3)Click Allow /Run/Ok if asked by Anti Virus
4)Let me know any issues

JACUSTOMER-7z0rxr7z- :

Michelle - my computer is not connecting but instead Norton is warning me - what do I do?

michelleclive :

allow norton to run it and its a trusted software

michelleclive :

if its not allowing the remote tool to run then i will give you steps to follow.

michelleclive :

Press the Alt key and hold it down while holding it down hit the letter T on the keyboard and let me know if the dropdown option comes up or not.

michelleclive :

please reply so that we can get this fixed as soon as we can.