Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I am receiving email but not sending...error code saying something

Customer Question

I am receiving email but not sending...error code saying something like server cannot connect with your outgoing mail etc

I am working from a hotel today - unsecured connection...is that part of poss problem. Mail sending and receiving from aol account
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Yes, this is the issue, you can only send emails via an email program, when on the AOL network, not when you are at hotels ect. This is to prevent spamming on their network.

But you can still use the Webmail interface to send email and can do so via my link below.

Click me to open

Sign in and you can send email directly from there.

When you have returned from the hotel, you will be able to send emails as normal. It is just while you are not on their network.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Richard,

emails from the AOL account are fine...it is Microsoft outlook emails which are not sending.

Charlie

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Yes I understand, but the issue is that you cannot send emails via Microsoft Outlook on your AOL account.

From what you explained, you are using Outlook to send emails on your AOL account correct Charlie?

Or did I misunderstand this? If so, what email service is Outlook connecting to for sending and receiving?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I believe its through AOL account. Usually when working from Hotels etc...this doesnt present as a problem...do you think it is simply this wifi provider/connection?

C

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Yes, as it is unsecured Charlie, so they do not allow this and it will be blocked.

This is what I was indicating. When this occurs, you need to use the AOL Web Mail interface to send emails.

I have repeated the link below

http://mail.aol.com

Outlook sends via your AOL account, and your currently blocked at the hotel, this is why it will not send.

Once you return, it will resume working (as it will not be blocked from sending) but while it is blocked, you need to use the webmail interface to send Charlie.

If anything is not clear at all, please do not hesitate to let me know. Happy to clarify any points on this.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok Will try this

Charlie

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Charlie

You just need to use the Webmail, while sending is being blocked at your location. when you leave the hotel and your at a place that you can again send, you can then continue to use Outlook.

All email providers do this as a method to stop spamming via unsecured networks.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.