Pete
Pete, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Hi Richard I requested help abot 5 days ago but had no response.

Customer Question

Hi Richard I requested help abot 5 days ago but had no response. When I try to access my email it tells me someone else is using it. I have tried the on line help but cannot get passed the password XXXXX give us. I really need to have access asap for I have a couple of important documents I need to print off. I sent a different email for you to contact me but there is nothing. Please help me asap!!! many thanks Lorna XXXXXXXX The email I wish to reinstate [email protected] The email you can contact me on at present [email protected]

Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Lorna,
I see you have been waiting some time for an answer.
Your requested expert Richard is currently offline.
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question.

We are unable to see your full email address you provided.
Who is your email provider? (e.g. gmail.com, outlook.com)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Pete sorry for being so long I had to phone the helpline and have jsut managed to access you again it has taken about an hour. the email i require you to send messages to is not my own but I have access to it is as follows alex_555 hotmail.co.uk I hope you can help asap as I have some urgent emails I need to reply to. Thank you Lorna

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Lorna,
Who is the exact message you get when you try to access the problem Hotmail account?
What have you already tried so far?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Pete I have already explained this in my original email. It tells me someone else has hacked into my email account and wont let me use my email or access mail.

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Lorna,

If you have not already done so, you will need to reset the password XXXXX the account: https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx

Only do this once, otherwise it will delay the response from Microsoft.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Pete I have already tried this and can't get in as it won't accept my security answer which is absolutly correct and I don't have a security code. Sorry but I have to go as I have an appointment and wont be back until 3.30pm I really hope this can be sorted.

Lorna

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Lorna,
If you are unable to reset the account automatically then you will need to get in touch with Microsoft directly and provide them with the following information to reset your Hotmail account:
*First name.
*Last name.
*Country/region.
*State.
*ZIP code.
*Gender.
*Birth year.
*The outgoing IP-address or your ISP's name so they can see that it
is yours.
*Information regarding what contacts you have on that email account.