Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

HELP I have lost all my emails and my contacts have been told

HELP I have lost all my emails and my contacts have been told I am in the Ukraine and will they send me money I would be most grateful for you advice
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you tell me which email service you are using? eg: Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo?

And can you still log into your account?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

BT/Yahoo, I went into my account and found it empty - have had several phone calls from contacts they tell me I am in the Ukraine have been mugged and to send money.

Also, I'm a bit unsure of your payment fees

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Joan

The payment is just the initial deposit you did, no more.

The problem has occurred as your account has been hacked.

First, it is very important to change your password. Do this asap and make it as complex as possible.

Then click on my link below to request that your conntats are restored to your account (as the hackers delete these)

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/contacts/restore/ab_restore.html

Allow 24 hours for the contacts to be restored.

For the emails, please use this form to request that the emails are returned to your account.

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/ymail/restore.html

Also allow for 24 hours for the emails to be returned.

Please do this asap to ensure the best chance of recovery.

The reason this happened is they obtained your password, either by guessing (they us a program for this) or you gave it out via an email (never ever email your password).

As long as you make the password XXXXX (use small letters, big letters and numbers) you will avoid this occuring again.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Richard, after two days I still have not found my emails, I take it that after this time I never will recover them now, is it safe to send emails. I found I had a W32/Trojan 3 GBS and have deleted this, on my spam I had Evenote Service, Joagrah file has been damaged Tues 22.00