Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Im trying to install Project Pro for Office 365 and its not

I'm trying to install Project Pro for Office 365 and it's not working. Any idea where I can get some help?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

To do this, the process is as follows

You would sign up for Project Pro for Office 365 from this link (or pursue through your organization) : http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/project/enterprise-project-and-portfolio-management-subscription-project-online-with-project-pro-for-office-365-FX104002972.aspx

Once you are setup with Office 365 account and project online, you would go into the settings as shown below

click me to open

Once you click on software, you should see the below, and then click Install to install Project Pro.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/getfile/313362

If you do these steps and get stuck, tell me exactly where you are getting stuck please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have completed the first 2 steps, but at the 3rd step (the 3rd link you sent me), I do not see Project as an option to dowlonad

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
This Likely means it was done under another account then Andrew.

To check, are you completly sure you used the same account for purchasing as your now logging in on?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ah. I've got an Office 365 Home Premium account - maybe the download was sent there ...

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
It will have been Andrew, if you got the confirmation, the order went through and you will be checking the wrong account.

Log into that one and you should then see it.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Richard,

I tried my other Office 365 account, and the Project software was not sent
to that account.

I went back to my Office 365 Small Business account, and I definitely
ordered the Project software for that account. I have documentary evidence
that I did so.

My question therefore remains unanswered.

Sincerely,

Andrew

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
What is exactly in the confirmation email Andrew?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The confirmation email states:

Organization: Karrarah Ltd
Domain: KarrarahLtd.onmicrosoft.com

Order Number: [ 32 digit number ]

Project Pro for Office 365 (month to month)1 Licenses

We appreciate your business, and look forward to providing online services that meet your organization's needs.

Sincerely,
The Microsoft Online Services Team

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, and your logging onto the KarrarahLtd.onmicrosoft.com account Andrew? For your Apps?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I can log onto Office 365 at that domain.

When I do, I can then see this on the dashboard page:

Welcome to Project Pro for Office 365

Learn more about adding tasks to your first project about adding tasks to your first project

Then when I click the Download link (as above), I go through to the Install page which has an Install option for SharePoint Design 2013 but nothing for Project Pro for Office 365.

Mysterious. Can't find any forums, helpdesks, communities where I can investigate further.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, they have given you the wrong program Andrew.

Your in the UK correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I'm in the UK

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

you need to call (0)844 800 2400

Once in contact with a customer service representative, explain that they have assigned the wrong product and that this needs to be switched.

they will do this so that instead of Sharepoint Designer, you will see Project Pro.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, I'll do that. I appreciate your follow-up, thanks. I'll let you know what happens next.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Andrew, Im here to help anyway I can
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Richard,

It turns out that there was a fault at the Microsoft end, which meant that I was unable to install Project Pro for Office 365. I am now in contact with the MSFT online services customer support team, and they have raised a trouble ticket to resolve the issue. They have agreed that the fault is a technical issue and has happened before.

So far, their recommended resolution is for me to:

1. Cancel my subscription

2. Purchase a new subscription.

I thought you would like to know.

I'm not sure the fee I've paid Just Answer was well spent, but 'caveat emptor'. Thank you for trying to help.

Regards,

Andrew