Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I TRIED TO LOG INTO MY EMAIL ACCOUNT AND THE SPLASH SCREEN

Customer Question

I TRIED TO LOG INTO MY EMAIL ACCOUNT AND THE SPLASH SCREEN CAME UP ASKING FOR MY PASSWORD, SO I ENTERED WHAT I THOUGHT I HAD USED, IT APPEARS THAT IT WAS WRONG, NOW I CANNOT ACCESS MY EMAIL BECAUSE I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO RESET IT, PLUS EVERYTIME I TRY TO SUBMIT A RECOVER FORM THE AUTO RESONSE DOES NOPT OR WILL NOT VERIFY MY ANSWERS, NOT ENOUGH INFORMATION, BUT I DO NOT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO PUT DOWN ON THE FORM TO ACTUALLY GET IT TO VERIFY. WITHOUT THIS ACCOUNT I HAVE LOST ALL MY CONTACTS, INFORMATION ON SOME PURCHASES ETC, SO PLEASE CAN YOU TELL ME HOW I CAN RESET MY PASSWORD, I DO NOT WANT ANOTHER ACCOUNT JUST TO BE ABLE TO ACCESS THE ONE I HAVE
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard and I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

To clarify, is ths a free Hotmail account you are using from Microsoft?

And is this the recovery form you filled in and was told you did not supply enough information?

https://account.live.com/acsr?rollrs=04

Please let me know

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Glyn

when you created the account, did you supply your Cell number or an Alternate email address to be contacted on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no, I have had this account for about 10 years or so

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

I wont mislead you, but it can be very difficult if not impossible to get the account back if you cannot verify with the form and have no alternate email or cell phone set. I have spent many hours researching the options and have helped hundreds of hotmail users that are in your same position. 

The methods I am going to share with you are not made public by hotmail but they do in fact work. You will need to be patient though as it could take a couple days. Considering you are about to lose your accounts though, a few days is worth the wait. It is incredibly important that you very carefully follow my instructions so you complete the procedure correctly.

An option is to reach out to a hotmail representative on their forums, they have access to look deeper into the account and sometimes can help in these situations.

First you are going to need to create another email address with Hotmail. Please go to the following link to create that.
https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx

Once you create the new address do the following.

Please click http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/hotmail/hotmail-support

Next choose "Your account has been temporarily blocked"

Tell them you have not been successful with the recovery form. 

Be sure that under "Enter the email address (Microsoft Account) affected by this issue:" 

You provide them the email address that is blocked and not the new one.

Under ‘Enter your contact email address:' give them the new account you just created.

In most cases they will respond in 24-72 hours, depending on how many requests they have waiting before yours.

A moderator will take a closer look at your account and work with you to try and help you get back in. 

As well as sending the message directly to the moderator it can sometimes be quicker to reach out to them in their public forums and they may message you or ask you to message them privately with more information.

Go to the following link and click ask a question on the upper right hand side of the page. A box will appear. In that box type what has happened. Remember to be very polite and give as much information as you can. Here is the link to the forums:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/hotmail

Microsoft/Hotmail takes account security very serious which is why they make this so difficult and make you confirm all of that information. It is to prevent unauthorized access to your account.

I hope that this information helps you get into your account. I would kindly ask you to remember when you are asked to rate my service you are rating me personally. You are not rating hotmail or their procedures or your frustration with the situation which I know is difficult.

If you require any additional information at all, or have difficulties with my instructions, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i have followed the instructions, it is basically what I have already tried several times previous.

I am still no further to receiving any assistance what so ever in resetting my password, in fact my account is now locked because I have tried every possible password I can remember, so is there some one I can speak to who will be able to help me reset my password, I can then give verbal confirmation that the account is mine

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
No Glyn,

You only have the options I described above. There is no support from microsoft for this apart from what I typed out for you.

If this failed, you will have to create a new account, you wont get access back to this one.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.