Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Ive been sent numerous e-mails by you to say that my Hotmail

I've been sent numerous e-mails by you to say that my Hotmail subscription of $19.99 a year could not be renewed this year (2014) because my Visa card number had expired. Fair enough. It had. So your email says:

To view or change your billing account, go to https://commerce.microsoft.com, and select one of the following options:

Every time i try going to that website i am presented with:

Did you request a security info change?

to which the honest answer is No i didn't, but you forced me to - the first time i tried responding to your email about my payment not having gone through.

Every time i try accessing https://commerce.microsoft.com i get this same repsonse from you and can never get to the mythical website you tell me to go to. Hence i cannot update my Visa card details to pay you your modest sum for what, for me, is a pretty vital service, one i have used since around 2000. I have all my major correspondence on my Hotmail account and i am getting very nervous now that you may cut me off from it and lose me my several thousand very valuable e-mail commnications.

Please tell me how to give you my new Visa card detils so that you may successfully charge me. I am really getting quite desparate. Please help me.

Donald F Ross
[email protected]

I also had an [email protected] which i haven't used in over 2 years since i forgot my password XXXXX it and re-setting it proved too much of a pain for me to bother. Though you may have that account listed as my alternative account, please don't correspond with me via it. I have listed with you an [email protected] (my buusiness e-mail account) which you also have as an alternative e-mail for me, and which i would ask you to continue to use as my alternative e-mail. DFR.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you say Yes please instead of No to the question.

Does this then get you through to the website? If not, what happens?

Please let me know
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Richard. I did originally reply YES, which gave me the response: "You must wait 30 days for a reply from us. We will reply on 02/11/2014." Well that's today and sure enough i had a reply. Gues what? It said go to https://commerce.microsoft.com. And when i clicked on that, what happened? It said: "You'll be getting a reply from us on 02/11/2014." Yeah, thanks a lot. I had that reply and it gets me nowhere. I cannot reach the website to update my payment details and now i have paid $35 to be able to report that i cannot use the system to pay $19.99. You may imagine how frustrating i am finding all this now. I hope you can sort Microsoft out for me.
Donald.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
I can imagine Donald.

The thing is though, today is the 10th. Tomorrow is the 11th, so you need to go back tomorrow to the link, as your a day early for this.

So tomorrow, then click on the link and it will then allow you in.

Remember, it is likely to be an American server, so wait till after 11am your time please.

I have marked this question to never close, so if tomorrow you still have problems, just let me know here and we can take it from there.

But the issue is that your a day early on this.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Richard. I'll have another go after 11am tomorrow.

It was receiving a fourth if not fifth notice from Microsoft today telling me my card was not functioning, that led me to believe it was the communication i had been promised. Thanks too for keeping this open. I'll let you know how i get on.

Donald.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Donald

Try it today and let me know the results.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Richard Microsoft is driving me mad!! I received that email saying Click here to get into your account details. I did. They then said enter an email address to whcih we can send you an access code. So i [email protected] and received a code 9304. I entered the code and woulod you believe what the repsonse was that i got?!?!??

One last step – confirm your updates.

When you click Next, the waiting period to access your account will start. We'll send an email [email protected] in 30 days with a link to recover your account.

If you haven't turned on two-step verification, you can still get to your emails, photos and the rest of your account as usual.

So i'm back to waiting another 30 days! What the hell is going on? I feel i'm being defiled by this loutish organisation. Is this some kind of nerd's idea of a joke. I'm not finding this very funny.

An angry and frustrated XXXXX XXXXX.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Richard i used the e-mail sent to my gmail [email protected] ([email protected]). That finally gave me a code i could use to access my account. (The 2 previous codes i've been sent were invalid!)

So i've finally got to the page that allows me to update my Visa card details. All it needed was for me to enter a new expiry date for my new card. So i did that and then it said the information was incorrect. I noticed that the billing address was out of date. It has been for some years now. So i TRIED changing my address. Some hope! I could change the street and city details, but when i tried to change the state and country details, it refused to allow me to change either of those. So i tried editing my PERSONAL detail. Again the same problem. That too was an old US address, so again the system wouldn't let me change the country to the UK. So i cannot up date my card details - so Microsoft will close down my account and lose my last 14 years of e-mail. That's like having my house burned down. Please, please help ME!"!!"!

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Can I log on and look please on the connected computer?

It is easier to work with you on this. You can see and control everything I do

Click the below link and click START MEETING on the web page

www.joinme.com

It will download a program to your computer

Run the program by double clicking it, and it will give you a set of 9 numbers

Give me the numbers at the top of the screen (exaple: 456-789-123) in your message to me here please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many thanks Richard. The number reads: join.me/918-601-581.

Donald.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
connected