If that doesn't work let me know. There are several other things we can try. Thanks!
can you tell me why it has done this and how i can prevent it from happening?
Is it a virus?
It seems to be doing something.. telling me to unplug my ipod and restart.. fingers crossed
1. If you can get on the Internet from your computer, please download MBAM AntimalwareBytes from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/anti-virus/malwarebytes-anti-malware
2. Go thru the short installation wizard, accepting all the defaults.
3. At the end of the installation, make sure both checkboxes (one for updating and one for starting the program) are checked, but CLEAR the box for the Pro Trial.
4. The program will update and then start.
5. Choose Quick Scan and then click the Scan Now button.
6. The scan will take several minutes to complete.
7. When it is complete, click the Show Results button.
8. Make sure everything in the list is checked (it should be checked by default) and then click Fix Selected.
9. The threats will be removed from your computer.
10. Close the log file and reboot your computer.
i have done the steps you initially showed and it is still coming up with the same message upon login
Let me know if that doesn't work. Thanks!
Thankyou this has been a great help i only hope it doesnt happen again. is it likely to happen again? do i need to contact windows or something if it keeps happening? will the steps you have given always work for it an do they work in conjunction with other problems on my computer?
Thanks Eric you have been a great help!