Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

In a recent update Windows apparently decided to remove button

In a recent update Windows apparently decided to remove button to access my asset management company. Apparently there is now a compatibility problem. Where and how dm I get the company on the compatibility list. cheers.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am glad to assist you today.

Is your asset management company accessed using a web browser? Are you using Internet Explorer?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes,

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi Norman,

Thank you for writing back with that information. Can you please tell me the URL of the site? (your asset management company?) Or is it a corporate site with IP address and not a domain name?

Also, when you try to access the site with Internet Explorer, what exactly is the error message? Is it just a blank screen?

One more thing, are you using Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8?

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

www.investecfunds.com/indicator2/public/indicatorlogin.aspx

I can get that far. You will see an error message. I do not have the tool option below the address.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.

Hi Norman,

Thank you for that clarification. It appears that you are now using the updated Internet Explorer (or IE) 11. In this case, you will no longer see the compatibility setting.

However, you can still add the site to your compatibility settings in your IE11. Here are the steps:

1. Open Internet Explorer
  2. Click on the Tools menu. If there is NO menu shown, press the ALT key in your keyboard, then click on Tools
  3. Then click on Compatibility View Settings.
  4. There, add the site investecfunds.com and then click on ADD
  5. Once added, click Close button
  6. Here is my screen shot:
  7. Then that should solve the problem.

Also, I suggest that you use another web browser that is not as erratic as Internet Explorer. I suggest using Mozilla Firefox. You can download it at http://firefox.com. With Firefox, you can access that site with no compatibility issues.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated! Cool

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Will be back shortly

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Norman,

Ok, yes please take your time.

Jess