Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

Just sent an email. Need to recover it before its opened.

Just sent an email. Need to recover it before its opened. How?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

Can you please confirm for me who your email provider is, is it yahoo, hotmail, aol, gmail or something else like an office network?

Also are you using an email program like outlook or windows mail OR are you checking your email with a web browser such as internet explorer?

Please let me know so I can further assist.
Chris
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm not an expert, but I use Outlook for my eMail work. I don't use Yahoo or ay of the other names you mention. My son works for Microsoft and he provides The PagesOnline.net as a family facility but don't kow if that answers your question. All I want to do is to delete the email in my question from the target gmail account.

Addis XXXX

Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.

In some company networks with their own mail servers it is possible to recall an email if the email server allows it. This is why you will see reference to unsending a message if you search around the internet.

Unfortunately with gmail it is not possible to recall the email out of their account after it has been sent.

There is no time in transit and when you clicked send the email is already in the other person's inbox nearly instantaneously.

Your account no longer has control over that message once it is sent, it is in their inbox waiting. The same as if you called someone on the phone and left a voice mail message, you cannot call back and delete your voice mail message because it is now under their control.

The only thing I can suggest is to send another email explaining that it was sent in error or that it was not meant for them. This is not uncommon and sometimes people receive emails not meant for them.

I understand this is not the answer you wanted but the thing is, what you are wanting to do is impossible given the current circumstances.

If you have a moment please rate my service by clicking on one of the faces below, positive ratings are appreciated. You are rating me personally, not your unhappiness with the situation.

Chris