Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

My job involves copying addresses shown on websites to an Access

My job involves copying addresses shown on websites to an Access form using Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V. In almost every case I can successfully copy lines 1,2 & 3 but I have to have three or four attempts before I can copy across line 4. In many cases I end up having to type in the data. I thought my keyboard might be the problem (it is 14 years old) so I bought a new keyboard but I am still having the same problem.

Do you have any idea what is causing this problem and more importantly is there anything I can do to uvercome it./

Thanks for your help.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you tell me the website you are copying from please so I can see what can be the issue?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will need to go away and try a few websites before I can find one that causes trouble. Can I come back to you later this morning?

If so, how can I connect with you again?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Yes you can, just return to this webpage and post a message, like you are doing now, and tell me the website please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can now give you three examples where I had a problem copying data from the Contact pages of these websites.

www.giatech.eu It took four attempts to copy the name of the road and another 4 attempts to copy the County

www.galgormgroup.com It took three attempts to copy the telephone number

www.fnmidhurst.com It took four attempts to copy the name of the town

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX the issue, it is how the website is constructed.

Highlight the road and then right click on the highlighted selection and select copy.

Then paste it as normal and it will work this way.

Do if you have an issue using CTRL+C then you need to right click on the selected text and choose Copy this way.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for that advice. I have just re-visited the three websites and tried to copy the data again using my normal method ie Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V and

the data copied across without any problems this time. Aren't computers wonderful!

Ant thoughts?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
It sometimes works via CTRL+C and sometimes not, it is down to the website (not your computer).

This is why a right click, Copy will Always work, as this copyies it in a different manner (within the computer).

I advise, when you get a problem, use the Right click method Dennis, this is always going to work.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues