jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair
63323962

I HAVE JUST PRUCHASED THE NEW OFFICE PROFF 2010 (2014 VER) BUT

Customer Question

I HAVE JUST PRUCHASED THE NEW OFFICE PROFF 2010 (2014 VER)
BUT IT WILL NOT LOAD ONTO MY NEW COMPUTER WHICH HAS WINDOWS
7 AND IS A 64 BIT.
IT GOES THE WHOLE PROCESS OF LOADING AFTER INSERTING PRODUCT
KEY.
IT FINALLY ENDS AND SAYS OFFICE ENCOUNTERED AN ERROR
IN SETUP ?. BUT I DON'T KNOW WHY
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am glad to assist you today.

Do you have another or older version of MS Office installed in that same computer?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes I have loaded office 2007 to see if it will help but to

no avail.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Linda,

Thank you for writing back. Please confirm: Is there any older version of MS Office installed now in that computer? A version that is still working before you installed Office 2010.

Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes it is accepting my email downloads

cheers

lyn

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Linda,

I was trying to confirm from you if an older version of MS Office is installed and working in the same computer.

Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes the one I am working on now which I have

been trying to install office 2010 on

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Linda,

Which older version do you have there? MS Office 2007?
Also, are you using MS Outlook 2007 as well?

Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't know which version of 2007 it just states 2007 on the disk

no we are not using ms outlook 2007 nor did I request it to

install from the 2010 disk.

cheers

lyn

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Lyn,

We need to check it first before we can proceed troubleshooting. Please click Start => Control Panel. Then open Programs and Features. In the list of installed programs, please tell me what exactly is the version of MS Office listed there. Is it 2007 or 2010.

Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

when I bring up programs and go to office

and to properties it states microsoft office 2000 sr-1 proffessional

if it is easier to uninstall the program they I will

lyn

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Linda,

Yes, you can uninstall the older programs but make sure that you can reinstall it any time. That is, be sure to keep the CD installer of it and the license key.

Also, please go to Control Panel => Programs & Features and see if MS Office 2010 is listed there.

Regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no it isn't because it did not complete the installation

as I said it came up with error occurred in setup ??

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Lyn,

Can you recall the exact error message or code that you got when installation failed?

Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes = microsoft office encountered an error on setup. the only option you had was to close

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Lyn,

This installation is associated with missing Windows Updates. Is your Windows 7 up to date? Please go to Control Panel => Windows Update. Please check if there are critical updates, please install them and then restart your computer.

Please be sure to bookmark this page or add to your favorites so that you can get back to me easily if you need to restart your computer.

Keep me posted.
Jess