Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Hi. I have a hotmail.com account. Recently I was told that

Hi. I have a hotmail.com account. Recently I was told that access had been blocked because they thought someone else was using it. I requested a password XXXXX via the questionnaire option, have received an option to reset my password, but now when I enter the account I can't get into my e-mail. Whats going on?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

To clarify, you were able to actually reset your password?

Did it allow you to do this?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Its ok - I am back into the account now. I think its a problem with the 'alias' set up in Windows 8. It doesn't like my hotmail.com account and wants me to use hotmail.co.uk instead but when I signed out of hotmail.co.uk it did allow me to log back in.

I wish Microsoft had never bought Hotmail. This was all a lot simpler when my operating account and my pop up e-mail were separate. Am thinking of moving to Mac.

Zoe

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Your right Zoe, hotmail was when it started to go wrong for Microsoft.

Gmail is worth a look, more simpler design, and better recovery procedures.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.