Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Hi. I have a PC with Office Professional Plus and I now have

Hi. I have a PC with Office Professional Plus and I now have purchased a new PC and wanting to transfer office to this as the old PC will be disbanded. I have a back up disk but it needs to recognise the 25 digit number. Can you help.

Rob
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

you do have access to the old computer correct?

Which version of windows is on it? And which version of Office is this?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can get back to my old PC but I have taken it apart. It was on Windows XP and the new one has Windows 8.1

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, and the version of Office Rob?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Office professional plus 2010

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

you have two options Rob.

1) Get the old computer running again and then use this program to get the 25 digit number that was used.

Click me to open

You run the program on the old computer and in the report it will tell you the code to use for the installation.

If you cannot get the old computer running, then your only other option is to contact Microsoft on 0844(NNN) NNN-NNNNand request the product code, though without proof of purchase, they may not release it to you.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.