Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have an HP Pavilion g7 running Windows 8.0. A few days ago

I have an HP Pavilion g7 running Windows 8.0. A few days ago the system reported a problem that required it to restore an earlier version. It appeared to do this successfully except that a number of items had been removed from the desktop. I have managed to re-instate these except for Microsoft Visual Studio 2012. I bought Visual Studio 2012 on March 28th 2013, the credit card entry is for Msft Microstore Dublin £502.00.
Is it possible for me to re-install VS 2012 without having to purchase the package again?
David Stevenson
[email protected]
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can I ask, did you purchase this as a download from Microsoft?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, purchased from Microsoft.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks David

Yes, you can download it again.

Sign in to your Microsoft Store account using your Windows Live ID and password.

The store is here

Click me to open

In the right-hand menu, click Downloads, Product Keys, and Subscriptions.

On the Downloads, Product Keys, and Subscriptions page, find Visual Studio 2012 that you purchased. Select the download option and click Download.

You can then do the installation again.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your help. I have tried to download VS2012 as suggested but have been told that my Microsoft Store Account has no record of a download.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, then it was purchased under a new account or an issue with the purchase.

Do you have any other email addresses you can try to log in with David?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will investigate another possible email address.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, but you may wish to just call and confirm it David, it would be faster for you.

The direct number to call is (0)844(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Then you can verify yourself on the phone and via your credit card details, can find which account you did this on and download it.

It will be the quickest method for you I believe.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.