Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

WE HAVE A WINDOWS 8 PROGRAMME AND AN EPSON STYLUS sSX425W Sadly

Customer Question

WE HAVE A WINDOWS 8 PROGRAMME AND AN EPSON STYLUS sSX425W

Sadly I cannot get the computer and printer to connect
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is Jess and I am glad to assist you today.

Have you already tried to install the software that came with the Epson device?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The printer is the only software.

The problem began I think when we had a new broadband connection installed

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi Ann,

Thank you for writing back. So the printer was already working fine before and when you have a new broadband connection, the printer is no longer connected to the computer. Is this correct?

And that the main problem is that the printer is not connected "wirelessly" to the computer or can't connect any more?

Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes that is it

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Ann,

Do you have other computer like laptop or smartphones show the same connectivity problem like this printer? Or only this printer?

Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

this is only one

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Ann,

Thank you for that confirmation.The best way to reconnect your printer to your computer, since it is a wireless printer, is to first connect it to the computer using a USB cable.

Do you have a spare USB cable that that you can use to connect the printer to the computer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no I do not

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Ann,

If you do not have a USB cable, then we can try to do the setup using the printer's LCD panel.

Please give em a moment to type all the procedures for you. I will get back to you with the detailed steps.

Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

great thankyou

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Ann,

One more thing, is your printer connected to your wireless network now but the computer cannot print to the printer? Or the printer is not connected to the wireless network because of the change in broadband?

Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think it is not connected to the wireless network and I suppose it was because of the broadband change

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Alright Ann, the detailed steps that I am preparing for you is actually to reconnect your wireless printer to your wireless network.

Please give me a moment to finish the procedures.

Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

great again thankyou

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Ann,

Thank you for patiently waiting. In order to connect your wireless Epson printer to your computer, you need to first connect the wireless printer to your wireless network.

A. Connecting your printer to the wireless Network

Please try to do the following:
  1. Turn on the printer. Press small wrench icon to enter setup mode. The following step-by-step instructions will show you how to setup your printer wirelessly via the LCD panel on the printer. Click Next to proceed.
  2. For Wi-Fi setup, select Network Settings, and then press diamond with a vertical bar inside to proceed.
  3. For easy Wi-Fi setup, select Wireless LAN Setup, and then press the diamond with a vertical bar inside to proceed.

4. For easy Wi-Fi setup, select Setup Wizard, and then press diamond with vertical bar to proceed.
  5. Select your SSID. The SSID is the name of your Wi-Fi network. This is also the name of the network where your computers are connected. (for example, "My_home's WiFi"). If you have several wireless networks in range, the list is sorted by signal strength.

IMPORTANT: Make sure that you select the SSID of the network where your computers are connected so that the printer is in the same network as the computers.

Select your Wi-Fi Network (SSID), and then press diamond with vertical bar to proceed.

6. If your wireless network is password protected, you need to enter the wifi password this time.

Enter your Wi-Fi security key (passphrase or password).
    Use the buttons on the control panel to enter each letter or number, and then press diamond with vertical bar to proceed.

IMPORTANT: The Security Key is case sensitive so you need to enter the small letter as small and cap as cap.

Here is the guide for using the buttons to enter the password:

7. The printer is connecting to the network. Please wait.
  8. When this screen is displayed, the Wi-Fi setup is complete. Press the button representing YES to finish Wi-Fi setup.

9. At this point the printer is setup and the Wi-Fi LED should be ON. It may take a couple of minutes for the LED to light.
  10. After the printer is connected to the network, you can then try to print to the wireless printer.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can print the network status but it will not print when I tested it on some rubbish on word?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can print the network status but it will not print when I tested it on some rubbish on word? It said that I have 6 lots of 'stuff' waiting to be printed but will print nothing!

Sorry I need even more help

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Ann,

Based on the printed network report, is DHCP server status ON? Or it is using a static IP address? You need to reconnect your computer to the printer using the software that came with the printer. Do you still have that CD? Or you can try to go to Start => All Programs and then locate any Epson folder there.

Then locate a program called EpsonNet Print or EPSON Network Utility.

Keep me posted.
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it is using an ip address 10.231.70.34

I found Epson net print but it could not find my printer and told me to go to help.

I am feeling so frustrated

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Ann,

In the network report that you printed, is it showing that DHCP is enabled or ON?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is dhcp detailed ip setup check?

If it is it says pass

Otherwise there are no dhcp intials.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Ann,

Please try to ADD a new printer. Since you are using Windows 8, detailed steps are found on this link:

http://www.wikihow.com/Add-a-Printer-to-Windows-8

Please locate and select the option that says "Create a new port" and in the list, select EpsonNet Print Port from the list.

Select "Manual Setting" . Enter the device’s name and the port name is automatically entered to the Port Name edit box. Then click Next.

Confirm the information about the device’s port you want to configure, and then click Finish..

Also, when you ADD new printer, please check if the Epson printer is detected and listed specially if the IP address is listed as well. If it is, then select that printer and continue.

I hope that helped. Keep me posted with your results so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I now have 4 Epson printers but sadly none of them print

I am sorry but I think we have failed

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Ann,

We were able to reconnect the printer to your wireless network. The next step is to install the printer in your computer.

I suggest that you uninstall or remove the Epson printers first and then use your CD installer that came with the printer to "re-install" the printer.

Keep me posted.
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

well will try this but without a great deal of optimism

Have tried but have only succeeded in uninstalling the printers but sadly the only Epson disc we have does not have a printer thing on it.

So we do not have a printer at all

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Ann,

Don't worry, you can download the printer driver and software from Epson website. Here is the link:

http://www.epson.co.uk/gb/en/viewcon/corporatesite/products/mainunits/support/3842

In the download page, select your OS which is Windows 8 and then download the drivers. You can also download the other tools and creativity software in that page.

I hope that helped.

Register Here

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

well I am back with a printer.

One bit of misinformation I gave you, I have just heard that this computer is widows 7.

But I still cannot get it connected.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Ann,

When you installed the printer in your computer, during installation, it will connect to wireless printer. Did it connect to the wireless printer without any problem?

Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no I still cannot print.

I am very sorry you have tried but it has not worked and as we have tried for almost two hours I think it is time to call it a day.

Thankyou

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Ann,

I am sorry if the problem still continued.The procedures left are connecting the wireless printer to the computer. If you want to continue with this in the following days when you are available, please let me know.

Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we are away for just over two weeks but if I cannot find someone to sort this out I will come back to you

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi Ann,

Thank you for writing back. Yes, please take your time and just let me know if you want to do further troubleshooting with me.

Best regards,
Jess